Friday, April 23, 2010

Death Penalty Approach

I completely agree with my classmate's opinion of the death penalty.  One reason this captured my attention is because I have a strong opinion on the subject.  I am 100% pro death penalty.  And after reading, "Keep the Murdering Bastards Alive?!?!" by my classmate, I found that I am definitely not alone. 

She talks of a bill that was introduced to Congress in March that would, "repeal death penalty provisions for a wide range of homicide-related offenses under the Immigration and Nationality Act, the federal criminal code, the Controlled Substance Act, and other statutes relating to aircraft hijacking, espionage and treason, and offenses punished under the Uniform Code of Military Justice."  Just the thought of this bill going through scares me! 

The criminals that go to great lengths, some not so great, to end someone's life is outrageous.  And now there are people out there trying to get a bill passed to prohibit these criminals from being punished as they should...by the death penalty.  They ended the lives of other individuals, why should they get the chance to enjoy three meals a day, air conditioning, a bed to sleep on, jobs, and recreational activities?  For many of the criminals, a day in prison is far easier and better than a day back home doing who knows what!  By not sentencing the convicted criminals to the death penalty, we would just be giving them a nice day to enjoy hot meals and recreational activities.  Instead, they should be punished just as they have punished their victims and the victims' families. 

I agree with my classmate when she states that she thinks the criminals should suffer just as they made their victims suffer.  It sounds like a pretty good deal, but with the good old Constitution protecting their rights, this will never happen.  Even with the Constitution firmly doing so, I believe the death penalty is a good alternative.  With lethal injection, the criminals don't even have to suffer.  Now, isn't that nice?

No comments:

Post a Comment